Curious Servant's Art

Welcome! In my blog “Job’s Tale” I have shared about praying through art. Some readers have encouraged me to sell some of my art to help raise funds to rebuild Canby Alliance Church (burned as a result of my son playing with fire). Each post will display and describe a piece and the deadline for bids. The last bid will be the final price. You are free to use these images in any way you choose.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Canby, Oregon, United States

I have adopted two boys from Haiti. Both are mentally handicapped. One is is now 20, the other 18. I divorced my wife of 28 years a few years ago and have just remarried, a woman from Belize. I find beauty in many things... many, many things (nature, art, people, space...) and that helps me to survive my deep empathy for so many who suffer. I like to write, and I've written quite a bit on my blogs. I have been thinking about writing a book. Unsure if it should be about the things I have experienced, or fiction (I have an interesting plot line worked out). I'm pretty open about things. I like blended whiskey, but I never have more than two drinks... usually just one, and not often at that. I have had many adventures. Makes me a little different. (Odd?)

Saturday, April 08, 2006

The Lord's Prayer

I am working on a new painting. It is large. Five foot by five foot. It is a remake of the Lord's Prayer I did last year in our prayer room, but I think it is going to be much better. I am very excited about it. I love praying while I paint!

Here is the previous versioon that I am using as a starting point:




13 Comments:

Blogger jel said...

can't wait to see it!

I really like this one! :)

1:06 PM  
Blogger Felisol said...

Dear Curious Servant,
I have wonder what became of your lent painting. I knew you were more than busy, so I would not
seem pushy, And then you have started your art forum without advertising on "Job's Tale". Well I'm impressed of what you are doing. I'm so looking forward to seeing how your paintings will turn out.
And what you decide to do with them.
You are for certain a gifted man. May God bless you, shine His face upon you and give you peace.
Yours Fel

4:48 PM  
Blogger the warrior said...

From one artist to another, I am impressed with your faith based painting. Keep painting and I will keep looking for the finished piece. Great use of color, texture and space. Add the spirit you pray to and you most definitely have the complete package. Nice, very nice... I read the comment you left Fox's Mom about your last post and I got it too. Keep blogging my friend.

eric

8:58 PM  
Blogger Amydeanne said...

looks amazing!

11:49 PM  
Blogger Martie said...

Thanks for stopping by and identifying the quote for me....now I remember!

I like the painting depicted on your last post. Don't stop painting or praying!

3:57 PM  
Blogger Angel Feathers Tickle Me said...

What is a spam bot?

Nice Art......

11:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just stumbled here!
In Jesus,
Maria in the UK
www.inhishands.co.uk

1:35 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Very beautiful! I like the way it has so much of the Lord in it in different expressions of Him. And all of them come together in the center.

Love it!!!

9:59 AM  
Blogger Greeneyes said...

Hello
I saw your comment on my blog and thought I would come and check yours out and like you didnt leave any footprints so I say hello as not to be thought a LERKER!!!LOL,,You made me laugh when I read that on my blog ,Thanks!
Love the artwork , very interesting and well thought out , it is beautiful .
Take care and have a great day/night

Greeneyes

8:44 PM  
Blogger SeePearrl said...

hey beautiful pics here :)

1:23 PM  
Blogger ukok said...

I'd love to see more CS...any more in the pipeline?

3:35 PM  
Blogger amanda K said...

Hello, if you are getting more hits than usual, it is because I "borrowed" your rainbow picture to put on my 360, but I told them where it came from. I do hope you do not mind too much. You need to accept adult content and have a Yahoo ID to see the blog: http://tinyurl.com/yj77uk

10:27 AM  
Blogger Sue Seibert said...

How beautiful it is.

9:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counter placed March 25, 2005